The Refuge for DMST™ (Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking) has a very specific mission: To provide trauma-informed, long-term restoration community with on-site services for girls, minors through age 19, who have been exploited through sex trafficking.
Why The Refuge Ranch is Needed:
- Child sex trafficking is the fastest growing crime in the world.
- In the U.S. there was an 846% increase in reported child sex trafficking cases from 2010 to 2015.
- There are currently 79,000 young adults and minors being sex trafficked in Texas.
- Texas has the second most reported number of child sex trafficking cases in the U.S.
- There are less than 600 beds available nationwide for child sex trafficking survivors, but we have over 13,000 animal shelters.
- Prior to the opening of The Refuge Ranch, Texas only had 24 beds available for child survivors’ long term recovery from trauma.
SITE Texas Chapter has committed to donating $1,000 in support of The Refuge’s efforts to eliminate human trafficking.